Facebook analytics: how to get started with Facebook monitoring
January 12, 20237 min read
Facebook monitoring is one of the key components of Facebook analytics. It simplifies and optimizes many aspects of your Facebook marketing strategy, including brand reputation management, customer service, marketing, research and advertising, audience engagement, and community building. It allows companies and organizations to track what’s being said about them, respond to customer inquiries and feedback, and get insights into the effectiveness of their campaigns. What’s more, they can also track employee engagement and stay up-to-date on the latest developments and trends within their community.
In this article, you’ll not only learn how to monitor Facebook effectively but also discover the key metrics that you ought to keep an eye on. You’ll also become more familiar with the go-to Facebook monitoring tools that’ll help boost your efficiency. But before we get into all of that, let’s talk about why it pays to invest in Facebook analytics and monitoring in the first place.
- Is Facebook still relevant in the world of Snapchat and TikTok?
- What is Facebook monitoring and how can it help your brand grow?
- 5 reasons to monitor Facebook rigorously
- Which Facebook metrics are critical?
- Simplify Facebook monitoring with Sprinklr
- Listen to Facebook mentions
- Benchmark your brand against competitors
- How your brand can take flight
Is Facebook still relevant in the world of Snapchat and TikTok?
Bluntly put, there’s no doubt that Facebook is still relevant in a world where Snapchat and Tiktok are massively popular, and here’s why:
Large user base: Facebook has a large and diverse user base, with over 2.93 billion monthly active users as of 2022. This makes it an attractive platform for businesses and organizations looking to reach a broad audience.
Targeted advertising and listening: Facebook offers advanced targeting options for its ads, allowing businesses to reach specific demographics and groups with similar interests. This can be particularly useful for companies that want to listen to potential consumers and use the new-found information to reach their target markets.
Robust analytics: this blue-iconed platform provides detailed analytics and insights on the performance of pages, posts, and ads, like their response rates, SLAs, and fan engagement, which businesses can use to understand audiences' sentiments and make the most of their content strategy and marketing efforts.
Integration with other platforms: Facebook also has a number of integrations with other platforms, such as Instagram and WhatsApp, which can be useful for businesses looking to reach customers across multiple social networks.
Facebook influences purchase decisions seven times more than other social media platforms. It’s 52% more likely that customers will buy from a brand that they’re following on Facebook than on X, formerly Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Reddit, and Snapchat combined.
What is Facebook monitoring and how can it help your brand grow?
Facebook monitoring is when you use various tools and techniques to track and analyze mentions of a brand, industry, or competitor on the social media platform. This can include monitoring posts, pages, and groups, and using this information to identify hot topics of discussion, discover viral posts and effective influencers, and track sentiment. To top it off, you can also identify marketing and researching opportunities, recognize potential threats to your brand’s image, and much more.
By regularly monitoring Facebook, marketers can gain valuable insights into how their brand is perceived and how they can effectively engage their audience.
5 reasons to monitor Facebook rigorously
It’s a great idea to keep track of your Facebook pages rigorously because you need to:
1. Know your audience: regular monitoring allows businesses to track and measure the performance of their content on the platform. This includes metrics such as reach, engagement, and audience demographics, which can help businesses understand which types of content are resonating with their audience so they can adjust their strategy accordingly.
Audience insights from Facebook monitoring
2. Engage with potential consumers: Facebook monitoring can help businesses track and respond to feedback and comments from this massive audience in real-time. As a result, this can improve customer satisfaction and build trust and loyalty as well.
Demographic distribution of Facebook audiences and their engagement trends
3. Grow faster than your competitors: Facebook monitoring can also provide valuable insights into the competition. By tracking the performance of competitors on the platform, businesses can gain a better understanding of their audience and the types of content that they truly connect with. So, businesses can always stay one step ahead of their competition and adjust their strategy to better meet the needs of their audience.
A detailed break-up of mentions on Facebook
4. Stay on top of new trends: the average Facebook user spends 33 minutes per day on the platform engaging and viewing various types of content. As such, Facebook monitoring can help you see what kinds of posts are performing well during that daily window and which are not. It’ll give you insight into the content that your audience is most interested in. And here’s a quick tip: you can also look at the trends and news in your industry or niche and create content that covers those topics. This will ultimately help you create timely, relevant content that your audience can relate with.
Top trending topics by industry and niche
5. Expand your brand influence: it shouldn’t be surprising that influencers can help brands increase their presence and visibility to larger audiences in very little time. People who engage with your brand will find your products more authentic and relatable when they’re endorsed by these trendsetters. There’s also a higher chance that the followers of an influencer will end up buying the products that are being promoted. If you’re unsure about this, you can always let the data speak for itself by monitoring the effectiveness of an influencer after they’ve begun their marketing magic.
Top Facebook influencers with their follower count, reach, and engagement
On the whole, Facebook monitoring is an important tool for every business that’s looking to grow on the platform. By tracking and responding to feedback in no time, as well as understanding the performance of their content and the competition, businesses can gain valuable insights and adjust their strategy to better connect with their audience on Facebook.
Which Facebook metrics are critical?
There are numerous Facebook metrics that provide insights about your brand’s reach, engagement, and impact. But we’ve narrowed it down to just the top metrics for you, and they are:
Mentions: helps you to know and understand what people are conversing about and how many people are interested in a particular topic.
Post likes and reaction count: tells the virality of your brand-related posts.
Comments and reply count: indicates how the audience is engaging with brand-related posts.
Reach/Impressions: uncovers the post’s reach and how many people are seeing your brand or brand-related posts.
Sentiment analysis: shows the sentiment of the audience around your brand and the way they mention or interact with it.
Location: indicates more about your audience in terms of their geographical location.
Demographics: helps break down the mentions coming from particular gender or age groups.
It’s worth noting that Facebook used to have a native analytics tool called Facebook Analytics, but it was discontinued in 2021. So, can you monitor Facebook for keywords and mentions still? The answer is a resounding yes. Sprinklr’s got you covered with its unique platform that gives you the ability to monitor and analyze all of those vital insights.
9 ways to leverage social media data to drive business growth
Simplify Facebook monitoring with Sprinklr
Brands need the necessary tools to monitor Facebook, and Sprinklr is one of the best and most powerful tools that can offer you granular insights. Sprinklr is the world’s only Unified Customer Experience Management (Unified-CXM) platform that provides businesses with tools and features to manage and improve their interactions with customers across a range of channels, including social media, mobile, and web.
Listen to Facebook mentions
By adding Facebook as a “listening source” to Sprinklr, you can listen to and learn from Facebook data from public pages.
Sprinklr allows businesses and individuals to track and measure their performance on social media platforms. With Sprinklr’s Sprinklr Insights, you can gain valuable insights into the reach and engagement of your content as well as the demographics of your audience on Facebook pages.
One of the key features of Sprinklr’s Listening is the ability to track the reach of your content. This includes the number of people who have seen your posts and the number of people who have engaged with them (e.g., liked, commented, and shared). By tracking your reach, you can see which types of content are performing the best so as to adjust your strategy accordingly.
As Sprinklr’s Social Listening tool gives you the ability to track the demographics of your audience, you can always be aware of their age, gender, and location. You’ll also be able to find out what people are saying about your brand on Facebook and get a variety of data to gauge your brand’s performance. As such, you can tailor your content for the best fit.
Analysis of Facebook mentions by sentiment
Benchmark your brand against competitors
By adding Facebook public pages of your own brand’s handle and of your competitors, you can get insights on the positioning of your brand in the marketplace.
Sprinklr helps you benchmark your brand with competitors. By using Sprinklr’s Competitive Insights & Benchmarking tools, you can gather and analyze data on the performance of your brand as well as the performance of your competitors.
This info can include metrics such as reach, engagement, audience demographics, and customer satisfaction, as well as more specific metrics that are relevant to your industry and business, like response rate, SLA, fan engagement, and more.
Sprinklr can help you identify areas where your brand is outperforming the competition and the areas where there is room for improvement.
How your brand can take flight
Facebook is a powerful platform with a user base that is still vast and relevant to your brand. So, it’s important to respect it and leverage its data to your advantage. As you jump-start your Facebook monitoring activity, make sure that you’re focusing on a few key metrics that align with your business goals and social media strategy.
Also, keep in mind that not every metric will be equally important, so prioritize those that are most relevant to your needs. Set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals for your social media strategy, and use Facebook monitoring to track your progress toward those goals. This way, you can keep your eyes on the prize and make that strong impact that will set your brand apart from the rest.